Check your Foot Health. Participate in a 2 Minutes Survey
Many people choose to see a podiatrist because they have pain in their lower limbs. This includes pain in the toe, foot, ankle, knee, leg and hips.
Why is it important to see a Podiatrist?
Aching legs and feet are often a sign of underlying poor foot posture, instability or muscle weakness. These complications can be intensified by spending long hours on your feet or wearing poorly fitted footwear. Without treatment, serious damage can occur including toe deformities, arthritis, knee wear and tear, chronic back pain, fallen arches and heel pain.
Our highly trained podiatrists are skilled in the diagnosis and management of lower limb conditions and injuries. During a detailed Biomechanical Assessment we use Static and Dynamic Gait Analysis techniques to carefully assess how your muscles and joints work together when you stand, walk and run. This provides important information which helps us to determine the underlying cause of pain. Once the cause is established we focus on evidence based treatment options to get you back on your feet as soon as possible.
What conditions do Podiatrists treat?
At ProMed Podiatry we treat many condition which include but are not limited to:
- Forefoot pain – metatarsalgia, plantar plate tear, Morton’s neuroma, bursitis
- Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction
- Stress fractures and fractures
- Arthritis pain and deformities
- Pre and post-operative rehabilitation
- Alignment issues – in-toeing, out-toeing, knock knees
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Ankle pain
- Knee pain
- Hip and back pain related to foot function and alignment
What treatments do ProMed Podiatry use?
Treatment methods used in our clinic include:
- Electrotherapy including interferential, TENS and therapeutic ultrasound
- Dry needling
- Strapping / taping
- Deep tissue and trigger point massage
- Ice and heat therapies
- Individually designed stretching and strengthening programs
- Footwear advice and prescription
- Othotics (if required)
- Deflective and protective devices (pre-made and custom-made)
- Activity modification and reintegration.
- Home therapy programs
At ProMed Podiatry, we believe that properly rehabilitating painful feet involves more than just reducing foot pain; it involves retraining and strengthening muscles of the foot to prevent future injury.
Please call our friendly staff to book an appointment for a pain assessment and treatment consultation on 07 5522 1230 or book online.