Happy Australia Day! Its that time of year again for my favourite healthier version of the good old Lamington! You should go make these right now 🙂
• 2 cups almond meal
• 1 cup coconut milk
• ½ cup coconut oil
• ½ cup coconut flour
• ½ cup rice malt syrup (or honey)
• 4 eggs
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 2 tsp. vanilla essence
• 1 cup desiccated coconut
• 1/2 cup coconut oil
• 1/4 cup cacao powder
• 1/4 cup almond butter
• 2 tsp. rice malt syrup (or natural sweetener of choice)
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Raspberry Chia Jam:
• 125g frozen raspberries
• 1 tsp. stevia
• 3 tsp. chia seeds
1. Add raspberries, stevia and 1 tsp. water to a pan and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce heat and stir, mash berries with spoon until smooth, simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in chia seeds.
4. Pour into a container and refrigerate until needed.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160 fan forced) and line a square cake tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl combine the almond meal, coconut flour and baking powder.
3. Blend the coconut oil and honey together until well combined.
4. Add the eggs, vanilla, coconut milk and mix well.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and gently mix together.
6. Pour into lined tin and bake for 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before cutting into desired sized squares.
1. Place all ingredients (except the desiccated coconut) in to your blender and mix until smooth.
2. Pour the chocolate into a bowl and place the coconut in another bowl.
3. Cut each square of cake in half horizontally and spread one with the raspberry jam.
4. Replace top half of cake.
5. Dip into the chocolate, covering all side and then straight into the coconut, again rolling to cover all sides.
6. Continue until all lamingtons are covered in chocolate and coconut!
7. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Suitable for freezing.
Let me know what you think or send me a pic of your lamingtons!