A super easy and healthy-ish Christmas treat!
CANDY CANE BARK
- 400g dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao)
- 55g crushed candy canes (about 1/4 cup)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan with a little water in the bottom (but not enough so that it touches the bottom of the bowl). There should be no gaps between the bowl and the rim of the pan.
- Place the saucepan/bowl combo on the stove, bring the water to a simmer, then lower the heat and start breaking your chocolate into the bowl. Stir with a spoon or spatula until smooth and completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto your lined tray and spread evenly using a spatula. Can choose how thin or thick you like it.
- While the chocolate is still soft scatter the crushed candy canes across the chocolate base.
- Transfer to the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When completely set, break into pieces. Voila!