Healthy fats are integral to our brain function, assist in keeping mood stable, help to keep us satisfied and fuller for longer and they taste great!
Who can beat a good guac recipe?! Perfect on toast with eggs for breakfast, as a dip when entertaining or as a side for tacos or burritos!
Healthy Guacamole Recipe
2 ripe avocados
2 cloves of fresh garlic, crushed
1 lime or lemon
a pinch or two of sea salt (to taste)
Chilli flakes (optional)
Coriander for garnishing (optional)
Diced red onion and tomato to top
1. Peel avocados and discard seeds. Add the green fleshy part to a bowl.
2. Add crushed garlic.
3. Juice the lemon or lime into the bowl over the avocados and the garlic.
4. Add a few pinches of salt to the bowl and chilli if using.
5. Mash everything together with a fork or potato masher until the avocados are smooth with a few small chunks.
6. Do a little taste test and add more seasonings as needed. I like lots of lemon and salt!
7. Garnish with coriander, red onion and tomato.