Well ladies, it is that time of year to celebrate the spring season with a flurry of colour including nail polish. But do you really know what damage nail polish can have on the health of your nails?
Traditional nail polish, shellac and gel nails have many nasty chemicals that can cause long term damage to the health of our nails as well as having potential carcinogenic qualities.
The list of nasty chemicals includes:
- Formaldehyde resin
At ProMed Podiatry Clinic, we have been researching products that will allow ladies to have their splash of colour without the harmful chemicals and reduced risk of developing fungal nail infections.
We welcome Dr.’s REMEDY®, Enriched Nail Polish, a line of podiatrist formulated nail care. The nail products contain a blend of organic ingredients that help strengthen nails and improve their natural colour, without harsh chemicals. Sourced from the highest quality actives, the unique formulation contains nourishing vitamins, natural extracts and essential oils that work together to improve the health and vitality of your nails.
The organic active ingredients include:
- Tea Tree Oil: a potent essential oil known for its exceptional antiseptic and antifungal qualities.
- Garlic Bulb Extract: a powerful antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral agent.
- Vitamins C & E: nourishing antioxidants, known to help strengthen both skin and nails.
- Wheat Protein: a high-quality protein with moisture-binding capabilities to help boost your nail’s natural shine.
The range includes:
- An enormous selection of 39 beautiful colour options
- Dr.’s Remedy’s Total 2 in 1 – This product is a multipurpose clear polish. Benefit from the adhesion & nail barrier of a base coat and the wear protection and gloss of a topcoat. It provides good wear, easy application and protects the colour from UV radiation. It can also be worn alone as a clear for a natural look. Contains biotin, tea tree oil, as well as cactus, ginseng and kale for added hydration.
- Dr.’s Remedy Caress Cuticle Oil is a uniquely formulated cuticle oil containing tea-tree oil and garlic bulb extract along with safflower and kukui nut oils. Hydrate cuticles nightly to boost nail and cuticle flexibility and prevent breakage. Nail polish is occlusive and can deplete the natural oils from the nail and cuticles around the nail. Leaving your nails polish free for a few days allow the nails to rehydrate. It is also a good idea to apply cuticle oil day and night. This will also help to hydrate both your nails and your cuticles.
- Dr.’s Remedy Hydration Nail Moisture Treatment is a natural nail conditioner with Biotin & Pentavitin. Biotin part of the complex of B vitamins improves nail strength and durability. Pentavitin helps to deliver and retain moisture. Hydration is also enriched with whole wheat protein and four major vitamins. This clear coat helps moisturise, strengthen and protect the look of nails. Use once a week with polish change. For best results use alone for first few weeks, apply twice a week.
- Dr.’s Remedy Remover. This nail varnish remover is acetone free which gently removes polish without drying your nails. Dr.’s REMEDY Remover is infused with vitamins, protein and naturally occurring ingredients. Why not do something good for your nails, even when taking the polish off?
All Dr.’s REMEDY® products are available at our clinic. So ladies, you can be naughty but nice to your nails.