Check your Foot Health. Participate in a 2 Minutes Survey
IMPROVE PERFORMANCE & PREVENT INJURY
Whether you are a social jogger, weekend warrior, or love to challenge yourself with marathons, we provide expert advice with regard to injury rehabilitation, injury prevention and performance enhancement to people of all fitness levels.
Our highly trained podiatrists are experienced in the field of sports podiatry. During our detailed Biomechanical Assessment we assess:
- Your running technique
- Your muscle strength and flexibility
- Your footwear for suitability, fit and wear patterns
- Your injury, pain and dysfunction
use Static and Dynamic Gait Analysis techniques to carefully assess your running style. In addition, we assess your Using this information we advise and suggest improvements, which will increase your sporting performance.
WHY IS SPORTS PODIATRY SO IMPORTANT?
The information gained from our Sports Podiatry examination assists our Podiatrists to:
- Diagnose and treat the cause of pain
- Reduce recovery time from injury
- Reduce risk of future injury
- Improve performance
WHY see promed for your sports injury?
At ProMed, we take a wholistic approach, meaning, not only do we want to resolve your pain but we want to assist you in returning to your sport. We use multiple treatment techniques as well as design individually tailored home therapies programs to reduce your pain and have you back to your sport as soon as possible.
At ProMed Podiatry, we believe that properly rehabilitating sporting injuries involves more than just reducing foot pain; it involves retraining and strengthening muscles of the foot to prevent future injury.
Treatment methods used in our clinic include:
- Referral for imaging including – x-ray and ultrasound
- Electrotherapy including interferential, TENS and therapeutic ultrasound
- Dry needling
- Strapping / taping
- Deep tissue and trigger point massage
- Ice and heat therapies
- Individually designed stretching and strengthening programs
- Footwear advice and prescription
- Othotics (if required)
- Deflective and protective devices (pre-made and custom-made)
- Prescription of aids and appliances – ankle braces, post-operative shoes, moon boots
- Individually designed “Return to work/activities” program
- Home therapy programs
Please call our friendly staff to book an appointment for a Sports Injury Assessment and treatment consultation on 07 5522 1230 or book online.