Vanessa completed her Masters of Podiatry Practice and Bachelors of Applied Science at La Trobe University in Melbourne. She decided to study podiatry when she received treatment from a podiatrist regarding musculoskeletal injuries due to running during her younger years. The Podiatrist taped her foot, gave her strengthening and stretching exercises, and prescribed her orthotics. She also received education and updated her running shoes. Within a few weeks she was able to run pain free. From this experience her curiosity and passion for podiatry came into fruition.
She has a keen interest in the lower limb biomechanics, rehabilitation of musculoskeletal lower limb injuries, orthotics prescription, footwear, diabetic foot assessment, education and management of general foot care.
Outside of work, Vanessa is a dedicated triathlete, as well as strength and conditioning training for injury prevention. Vanessa also enjoys going for long hikes as well as living a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
- What is your favourite holiday destination? Europe, especially France.
- Who would you most like to swap places with for a day? Eliud Kipchoge.
- What is your favourite food? My mother’s home cooking of Vietnamese cuisine
- If you could be any animal, which would you be? Eagle, I would like to soar through the sky and feel free.
- Fun Fact about you – I enjoy training for triathlons more than competing in them!