Each month we are focusing on getting to know one of our team members a little better. This month we ask Kasey (reception/Nutritionist) a few questions to help us understand what makes her tick.
- What purchases of $100 or less has most positively impacted your life in the last six months?’ A swing from Bunnings for my 2 year old! This was a lifesaver when parks and playgrounds were closed during Covid-19. She was very excited to have her very own swing. Even more impressed that it was yellow.
- “How has a failure, or apparent failure, set you up for later success? Do you have a “favourite failure” of yours?”
My favourite “failure” would have to be completing my Bachelor of Education (Primary) to only work 3 months in schools before returning to University to complete my Nutrition degree. While it felt like I had wasted 4 years and a lot of money I know that it has provided me with so many skills that I can relate to my every day life, my Nutrition patients as well as my administration tasks and working with people. I also got to spend those 4 years with my best friend while studying which was a lot of fun and something I will always cherish.
- “What is an unusual habit or an absurd thing that you love?”
I love peanut butter on sliced turkey meat. Don’t knock it until your try it! It’s a great little protein/good fat snack that I can eat on the go. To be honest I love peanut butter on just about anything.
- “In the last five years, what new belief, behaviour, or habit has most improved your life?”
That I cannot control everything! While I still struggle with this almost daily I am trying to let go of the things I cannot control and stop worrying about things before they happen. I have found meditation, breathing and exercise to help me achieve this.
- “When you feel overwhelmed or unfocused, or have lost your focus temporarily, what do you do?”
Try to ensure I get a good sleep. I can always think more clearly when I am well rested. I also make sure I take my magnesium powder to help aid relaxation and sleep. A good run or gym session, a chat to a good friend, my husband or my mum to get some perspective and developing a plan always help me get back on track. I love lists. Having a goal and steps to get there make me feel calmer and give me some direction.
To book a Nutritionist consultation with Kasey contact us here – 25% off during JULY!