Check your Foot Health. Participate in a 2 Minutes Survey
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a term to describe more than 100 different medical conditions that affect the joints in the body. Approximately 1 in 6 Australian’s suffer with arthritis and is one of the leading causes of pain and disability.
Arthritis-related problems include pain, stiffness, inflammation and damage to joints. This can result in joint weakness, instability and deformities that can affect daily activities such as walking, standing, shopping, and driving a car.
Why is it important to see a Podiatrist if you have Arthritis?
Foot care can relieve pain, maintain function and improve quality of life. ProMed Podiatry specialise in the treatment of Arthritis, and work alongside your doctor, specialists and your health care team to provide information to help you manage the condition, improve pain and prevent further damage to your joints.
People who suffer with Arthritis are often concerned that by being physically active they will cause pain or increased damage to their joints, when in fact gentle physical activity can reduce some of the symptoms of Arthritis and improve joint mobility and stability. ProMed Podiatry provides information on how to exercise effectively and safely.
How can ProMed Podiatry help Arthritis sufferers?
Early intervention is effective in reducing pain and deformity.
ProMed Podiatry can:
- Assess current foot pain, inflammation and deformity
- Assess activities, footwear and biomechanical issues
- Prescribe customised orthotics that are specific to your foot condition
- Prescribed suitable footwear for your needs and foot condition
- Provide deflective devices to reduce pressure and load
- Provide therapies to assist with pain reduction
- Provide rehabilitation aids and appliances
- Design individually tailored exercise programs
Please contact our friendly staff to book an appointment for an Arthritis Assessment on 07 5522 1230 or book online.