What is a wart?
Warts can be painful and very difficult to get rid of. They are caused by an infection of the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). Often they are contracted by injury to exposed skin most commonly in public areas like bathrooms and pools.
Warts under the foot and on toes are often more painful as they are located on a weight-bearing surface adding pressure and increasing pain. Treatment of warts on the feet can sometimes be challenging, as warts are quite resilient and often have their own blood supply, ensuring continued growth.
What treatments do ProMed Podiatry use?
At ProMed we use the latest techniques to assist in resolving this condition. Your Podiatrist will be able to advise you on the best course of treatment for your warts. Our treatment options include:
- SWIFT Microwave Wart Therapy (Gold Standard);
- Controlled acid treatments (which are mostly painless);
- Cryotherapy (freezing) of the lesions;
- Multi-puncture technique performed with local anaesthetic;
- Specific topical acid therapy to be performed at home between sessions;
- Combination of the above therapies.
At ProMed Podiatry, we not only consider the best treatment option for the type of wart but specifically tailor the treatment to your individual needs.
Please call our friendly staff to book an appointment for a wart assessment and treatment consultation on 07 5522 1230 or book online.