Check your Foot Health. Participate in a 2 Minutes Survey
Commonly, patients comment to me that they never think about their feet until something goes wrong with them. Many people believe its normal for their feet to hurt. As our feet grow older, they naturally become at risk of problems but painful and uncomfortable feet are not something you have to put up with. A lot can be done to relieve pain, improve comfort, and keep you on your feet for life.
Senior’s week is a perfect opportunity to educate Australian’s about the importance of foot health and how this can prevent further complications in our aging community.
Poor foot health and pain can lead to:
- Increased risk of falls
- Decrease in participation in activity
- Increase in weight
- Decrease in mobility and independence
- Increase in risk of developing medical conditions
- Decrease in social interactions
How can Podiatrist’s help?
Podiatrists play an important role in treating foot conditions, as well as providing regular consultations to assess and treat the ongoing changes of the foot as we age.
A Podiatrist can offer many services to improve foot health and reduce pain. These services include:
- Nail and skin care – address and treat any conditions that may impact on the foot
- Biomechanical assessment – identify any mechanical issues or deformities of the feet while standing, walking and running.
- Footwear review and recommendation – review current footwear and recommend features for footwear that support your feet and are suitable for your foot type.
- Orthotics – design shoe inserts both cushioned and/or corrective to support your feet in their ideal position.
- Deflective devices – provide various deflective, cushioning and corrective devices to protect the feet from pressure.
At ProMed, we are passionate about your foot health and care about keeping you active and pain free in your retirement.
Call our friendly staff on 5522 1230 or book online