Your feet are an engineering masterpiece, let’s keep them that way! The 66 joints that make up your feet affect every joint right up to your neck. Neglecting our feet over time can lead to foot pain and discomfort all over your body. Below are ProMed’s 5 tips for maintaining healthy, strong feet:
- Stretch your feet daily. Your feet are the shock-absorbers for the body, allowing you to run, climb, jump, and tackle uneven ground. Stretching after a long day is simple but effective in relieving your feet of tension and pain!
- Massage your feet daily. Roll your feet over a can or firm ball, focusing on the arch and any tender points. Releasing the strong fascia in your feet can also relax calf & hamstrings!
- Strengthen your feet daily. Toe scrunches, calf raises, arch roll-ups and more. Your feet have to carry your body everywhere it wants to go – so keep them strong!
- Walk daily. The health and strength benefits of walking are highly underrated. Develop a daily fitness-based walking program to improve your foot and general muscular strength, as well as improve your fitness and circulation. As they say – “use it or lose it!”
- If the shoe fits, wear it. Footwear should promote the natural alignment of your feet. Say NO to ridiculously high heels, pointy toes, stiff sole shoes etc. (sorry!). If you’re in need of guidance towards which footwear is best suited for you, feel free to contact our friendly team.’
As always, if you’re in need of some more advice for maintaining strong feet, speak to our expert podiatrists! Contact us now here.