Treat mum to a delicious roast lunch or dinner this Mother’s Day! Recipe from: www.taste.com.au
- 2kg easy carve pork leg roast, scored at 1 cm intervals
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g sweet potato, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 250g pumpkin, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 Zucchini, cut in half and then sliced into long strips
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 carrots, cut in half and sliced into long strips
- Preheat oven to 230ºC.
- Pat pork dry with paper towel and place into a roasting tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with salt. Massage salt into the scored rind.
- Roast pork for 40 mins or until the rind begins to crackle. Reduce heat to 180°C.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining oil, maple syrup, mustard and garlic in a jug. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot and potato around the pork and drizzle with maple syrup mixture.
- Roast for a further 20 mins.
- Add onion and zucchini to the pan and roast for another 30-35 minutes or until the juices of the pork run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part.
- Cover the pork with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Transfer vegetables to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Slice pork and serve with roasted vegetables and pan juices.