A super healthy salad option to accompany your Christmas lunch.
For the dressing:
- ¾ cup roasted, salted cashews
- 5 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 5 head broccoli, cut into trees
- 150g baby spinach or rocket
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- 3 pieces bacon chopped and cooked.
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. pepitas
- ¼ cup. roasted, salted cashews, roughly chopped
- Place the cashews for the dressing in a medium bowl and cover with water. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Lightly steam the broccoli until slightly softened but not floppy. Set aside to cool.
- Drain the cashews and place into a small food processor with the remaining dressing ingredients. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cooled broccoli, spinach, red onion, coriander, bacon, cranberries, pepitas and cashews. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Add dressing and mix through.
- Serve and enjoy!