Christmas often leads to overindulging and sugar! Keep this handy slice on hand to make it through the silly season.
White Christmas Protein Slice
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes.
Cooking time: no cooking required (approx. 1 hour to set in the fridge is needed)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 80g coconut oil, melted
- 80g vanilla protein powder
- 35g sunflower seeds
- 5 tbsp. cranberries
- 2 chai tea bags, cut open to use contents
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup brown rice puffs
- 2 tbsp. coconut water (or plain water). Add more if needed.
- 30g shredded coconut
- In a blender mix macadamias and almonds until chopped but chunky.
- Mix with remaining ingredients except coconut. You may need to add a little more coconut water as needed but don’t add too much at a time.
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and press mixture into the tin, evenly.
- Top with shredded coconut and pop in the fridge for about one hour. This makes it easier to cut.
- This can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 weeks or frozen for 3 months! What a handy snack to have on hand.
Cut into 16-20 slices and try not to eat all at once 😊