A tasty, healthy meal perfect for Diabetics, weight loss or general healthy eating.
TANGY GRILLED SALMON ON CAULIFLOWER MASH
- 2 x 100g fillets of salmon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, plus ¼ cup for vinaigrette
- Course sea salt
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped dill
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ head of cauliflower florets, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Heat grill or pan over high heat.
- Coat fish with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Grill until firm to touch and browned, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Grill lemons at the same time for the dressing! Grill them alongside the salmon, cut side down, until they soften and begin to char.
- Meanwhile prepare cauliflower mash: Steam Cauliflower until soft.
- Place cauliflower, garlic and oil into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. May need to add a little milk (preferably almond milk) if mash is not combining.
- Transfer salmon to serving plates and let it rest while you prepare the dressing.
- To make dressing – Squeeze the grilled lemons into a bowl.
- Whisk in ¼ cup olive oil, stir in parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salmon and serve with cauliflower mash